The Budapest Housing Service has been established 20 years ago with the mission to provide safe and reliable accommodation to international students of the various universities and other courses in Budapest as well as for the expat community. Budapest is more and more a popular location for foreign professionals not only because of the quality of living but also due to the increasing number of job offers as a result of having more international companies choosing Budapest as their new office location. Our office is situated in the building of McDaniel College (1071 Budapest, Bethlen Gabor square 2., Budapest; room no.: 008)
At the moment we have over a 1200 different kind of apartments in our database.
Here we would like to introduce our work procedures from the initial contact until you can move into your chosen apartment.
- Check our database on the website and / or email us your preferences.
- After initial contact we will set up a meeting with you / of course we can also proceed further online.
- We will help you narrow down your choices and upon deciding on a few interesting apartments our staff will accompany you to have a look on them / if we continue online then we will also help you narrowing down your choices also with providing you video or more photos where it is needed.
- When you have made your decision we help you finish the paperwork. The lease contract is bilingual. You may choose that besides the mandatory Hungarian you would like to have your copy in English or German. Please, do not forget to bring your ID card or passport; we are going to need it to fill the contract. / In case of online renting process then we will need your details as well for filling out the contracts.
- To sign the contract the owner usually asks for the first payment on the spot. You are going to need the amount of three-month rental fees with you. (Two month worth of money as a security/deposit payment and the first month rental fee.) Of course, the mentioned deposit will be given back to you when your contract expires and you leave the apartment. / When you select a specific flat or room that you would like to rent online then first the tenant needs to send two months deposit after which we are preparing the contract and then the first month rental fee needs to paid upon arrival or as it is discussed with the owner.
During your stay, if you have any problems with your new home in Budapest, please feel free to contact me.
See you soon!
Ms. Aranka Pálfi
Head of Housing Department
Bethlen Gábor tér 2.
|Monday – Thursday:||9am - 5 pm|
|Friday:||9am - 2.30 pm|